I’m really in love with my vintage Ibanez SD 9 Sonic Distortion (Not the reissue), it has the same look and feel as the popular Ibanez TS 9 Tube Screamer Overdrive but there is a big difference in sound.
How does it sound ?
Even if the SD 9 Sonic Distortion looks and feel the same as the TS 9 Tube Screamer, it’s name says it all, it can deliver a big fat distorded tone, far away from a slightly overdriven tone that simulates the sound of a vintage tube amp.
Compared to a TS 9 Tube Screamer it has much more of everything, more gain, much more dynamics and bite, less compression and a more defined tone.
It delivers the perfect tone for Hard Blues, Rock, Hard Rock and Fusion music styles.
What i like:
- The look and feel
- The quality of the components
- The big fat tone with lots of bite and dynamics
What i don’t like:
- The sound can be agressive sometimes but it really cuts through the mix and that’s what we are looking for !!!
- Even if some people says so, you can’t get a good slightly overdriven tone or you will loose dynamics and tone definition, anyway if you’re looking for that classic Tube Screamer tone, buy a TS 9 Tube Screamer…
- Bare Knuckle Guitar Pickups
High quality handwound guitar and bass pickups.