The LEWITT LCT 440 PURE is an entry-level studio condenser microphone, at this low price i would recommend it for beginners but not only.
- 1″ true condenser studio microphone
- High-end capsule and circuit design
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Type: Condenser, externally polarized
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Diaphragm: 3 micron gold sputtered Mylar
- Transducer Ø: 25.4 mm, 1 in
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 27.4 mV/Pa, -31.2 dBV/Pa
- Equivalent noise level: 7 dB (A)
- Max. SPL for 0.5 % THD: 140 dBSPL
- Signal / noise ratio: 87 dB (A)
- Dynamic range: 133 dB (A)
- Supply voltage: 48 V ± 4 V
Microphones measured according to: IEC 60268-4 | Phantom power according to: IEC 61938 | Noise measurement according to: IEC 60268-1
What about the sound ?
The LEWITT LCT 440 PURE is a really nice sounding microphone, it has a nice low end, smooth mids, clear but not agressive high frequencies, the self noise is very low, good sensitivity and SPL Max.
Unfortunately i would not recommand it for vocal recordings because it’s very sensitive to pop and hiss, even with a decent pop filter you will have to increase the distance between the microphone and the singer.
I had much better results in front of a guitar speaker cabinet when recording electric guitar tracks, not far from what i had with my AKG C414-ULS that cost three times the price of the LEWITT LCT 440 PURE, a good reason why i would recommend it.
What i like
- The look and the build quality.
- The specifications and the sound quality.
- The nice low end that never gets muddy.
- The sound is clear but smooth and never agressive.
- The very low self noise.
- The shock mount and the windscreen.
- The low price.
What i don’t like
- The magnetic pop filter, it does not reduce pop and hiss.
- Very sensitive to pop and hiss noises when recording vocal tracks, even with a decent pop filter.
- A plastic case would have been great.
A funny video about the LEWITT LCT 440 PURE
More info on www.lewitt-audio.com
- Bare Knuckle Guitar Pickups
High quality handwound guitar and bass pickups.