The Drum Source is a sample based drum machine VST instrument with a sequencer. It looks and “feels” like a classic (x0x) hardware drum machine. The built in sample browser makes it very easy to navigate through your samples. With the previous and next sample buttons you can quickly change a sample.
- Support for many sample formats (including 24 bit samples): WAV, AIFF, AIFC, AU, SND, RAW, PAF, IFF, SVX, SF, VOC, W64, MAT4, MAT5, PVF, XI, HTK, CAF, SD2, FLAC, OGG
- Built in sample browser suited for a easy workflow when working with samples. And almost all of TheDrumSource’s functions is still available while browsing
- The sequencer that has 24 sequences for your patterns and each pattern can be a 16/32/64/128 sequence
- A GUI that can be resized to suit you screen
- Each channel has pan, volume, pitch, length knobs and swing
- A sample package created by Mats Lindfors will be included in the installation
- A quick button to change the next and previous sample in current directory of the selected sample
- 12 output channels, one for each sample.
- The RUN mode. Lets you play around with the TheDrumsource sequencer even if your host is not playing
- The SYNC mode. The sequencer is synced by the host and you control which of the 24 track to be played with MIDI (octave 2 and 3)
- The MIDI mode. The samples can be played through midi keyboard (octave 1) with the sequencer turned off
- Clean interface so you don’t get distracted in your creative work. TheDrumsource uses context menus to make this possible
What i like:
The built in sample browser, the multi sample formats support, the step sequencer, the 12 outputs channels, it’s easy to use and it’s free.
What i Don’t like:
Absolutely Nothing except the addition of drum pads maybe…